CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New and Confused

So, here we are sitting on our new front porch (concrete slab really), and enjoying a lovely Oregon night.  Staci and I are really excited to be here, mostly because the driving and unpacking are over.  We have been in Eugene for 5 days now and are adjusting to a new town, new apartment, and a whole new time zone.  We have gone out on little exploratory adventures to check out the city, but have found out that we have no idea where anything is.  As I drive, I have the map in one hand, and the "I'm sorry I cut you off wave" motioning with the other.  But, it is fun to get lost and confused, at least that is what I keep telling Staci!  We have experienced some pretty cool things the past few days, but I think the coolest experience came tonight.  You see, one thing I have been praying and meditating on since we have been here is to take my time and just "be" in the day I am in.  My mind tends to meander its way to ideas that I don't want to have.  Does that make sense?  If not, then welcome to my world, ha!  So, I am trying to take it all in and just enjoy the day-to-day experiences.  Of course, I want to meet people, start lovin' on them, make them my friends, have them over for coffee and conversation, and show them Christ.  However, I must rest in the fact that God is perfect and His timing is perfect just the same.  So, I am realizing that it is my job to enjoy the newness and confusion that is upon me in my new home.  Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about tonight.  Staci and I are just sitting down to dinner, delicious homemade hawaiian pizza, when one of our neighbors and his friend walk up.  We have not met our new neighbor yet, so this is the first chance we get.  The first thing I notice is that he has two recognizable items in his had...frisbees for disc golf!  Awesome! Anyways, we begin to talk with the two guys, both name Aaron, and have a great conversation. Our neighbor is excited to find out that we are here in a Church planting effort because although he is not a church-goer, he is looking forward to having deep spiritual conversations with me.  I say great, bring it on.  And then I think, crap, I better get studying!  It was the first real conversation Staci and I have had with anyone here, and it is encouraging.  We are trying to be in today, and tomorrow, we will be in tomorrow.  God is working here in Eugene.  We are humbled to be with Him here.  Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God is so good - even in the "new and confused" times. Amazing...

SarahAnnFair said...

seriously, incredible! I can't wait to see what God has in store for ya'll!