CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cheap Reminder



A few of us went to see the second Narnia movie today at the $1.50 place. This is the second time I've seen it. The first time was back in Indy, at a time when I was not happy about moving to Eugene. A few scenes stick in my mind...
One is where and entire army is charging across a bridge. On the other side stands Lucy, a small girl with a small dagger. She stands with no fear in her eyes as the army charges because she knows who is beside her and who is really going to fight the battle, Aslan. Lucy to me, represents faith.
The other scene only became clear today. At the end, Aslan opens a door to the other world (our world) and asks who wants to go through. At the time, I felt like I was standing at that door and had to choose whether or not I would follow what was in front of me. It was just one of those moments where I thought, "Really? Am I really going to do this?"
After seeing that movie the first time, I had a bit of a break down. I didn't want to leave my friends and family. I fought with God and I sat on a friend's porch and cried quite a bit. I had to remind myself to have faith, like Lucy on the bridge, that God knows what He is doing and I can trust Him, even if it means moving to the other side of the country.
Seeing this today, I wish I could say that it was completely different this time. I feel more like an ant with a bread crumb than a girl with a dagger- even smaller and completely ill prepared for what's in front of me. What could I possibly do here in the place with my bread crumb? Why did I move here? But yet again, I had to remember my calling, who is beside me, and who is really going to take care of everything- Liam Neeson. I MEAN- Jesus.
(That reminder only cost a dollar fifty. I have a feeling the others will not come so cheap.)
-CJ (aka Carol)

1 comments:

Tiff said...

haha, Liam Nielson. I love you carol! hopefully i will see you soon! i love watching you follow God with wreckless abandon!