CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Simple Thoughts and Thankfulness


I was out this morning on our patio reading and journaling a bit. As I reflected on our visit back to Indiana I realized how spiritually and emotionally refreshed and encouraged I feel. Last Sunday evening (our current trial house church night) we were talking about different things and it was mentioned how encouraging it was to be around all sorts of people that are interested and invested in our mission here in Oregon. It is so encouraging to hear all of our friends and family in Indiana are praying for us daily; which amounts to a lot of prayers a lot of times the day. That is such a comfort.

Also, upon returning to Oregon I feel a bit more charged and motivated to live into the call that brought us here. There are many reasons for this. For one, I am reminded that I did not leave my family, friends, and familiarity in order to live close to the mountains. I moved away from those dear people for a purpose and to follow a call. And, I feel like getting lazy with that call in some ways lets those of you believing, missing, and praying for us down. I of course know that you are all very proud of us. I guess I am just realizing that without your prayers, and ours as well, I am vulnerable to complacency and discouragement.

So, I thank our family and our friends for continuing to believe in that for which God has brought us here. I have not lost faith, but sometimes I get lazy. Thank you for aiding in renewing that sense of the call and for investing your prayers to help open doors and keep us going. Thank you for loving us and for praying.

Love,
Staci (with an "i" ;))


This is a picture of one of the crazy squirrels I told many of you about at the top of Black Butte. This is not the one, however, that belly flopped on my leg! (He was too good for our carrots. He wanted the sweet stuff!)

1 comments:

Stumbling while running said...

loved it staci. thanks for sharing! :)