CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Jesus wept.

Oh sunday afternoon, how my heart breaks with compassion when you arrive. and you haven't left yet...

i'm still moved by my friend battling cancer. he plays guitar and sings, while another lady, and sometimes me, join in singing as well. yesterday was our last time for a long, long time. he sang with so much passion praising Jesus. it was special, emotional, and beautiful. i don't want it to be our last time. please no.

"Jesus wept."

Remember that story when Jesus stopped as mary was crying about lazarus being dead? Jesus wept.

Jesus felt the pain and was moved so much that all he could do was cry.

That was me yesterday afternoon. i had nothing but extreme sadness for the situation, but stopped the tears at least about 5 times. and today the sadness and compassion for my friend is still deep in my heart.

i was thinking last night about how we are created in the image of God. That we are the hands and feet of Jesus. it became a little more real to me as i reflected on yesterday afternoon. we are created to feel compassion for our brothers and sisters. we walk this earth to meet, pass, greet, and learn from others. and part of that process is to just express our deepest emotions through tears.

Jesus is crying for my friend. he's already taking care of him. thank you, Jesus. honestly, thank you. it brings so much peace to me and a lot of us out here. Our friend is not alone in this battle.

Much love,
Stacie

0 comments: