CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Random thoughts from Denver, CO

So I'm sitting in my sister's house in Denver getting ready to watch Bourne Ultimatum. I'm not sure which of the Bourne movies is my favorite b/c I think they are all great movies. It really doesn't matter, though, because I'm spending some quality time with my parents, my sisters and my younger sister's husband Mitch. My mom, dad, older sister and I left Saturday and began the trip to Eugene, OR. I'm sure everyone reading this by now knows that we finally sold our house. We got the offer the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was crazy b/c we were one week away from taking the house off the market for the month of December. It had been on the market since late March of 2008 and we just needed a break. I think all in all we showed the house around 45 times. So the offer came at a time when we least expected. Anyway, we landed in Kansas City, KS the first night and Denver last night. We are leaving tomorrow morning again and will try to get somewhere between Salt Lake City and Boise. I don't have much to say other than it's been really good to spend some time with my family. I know that these times will be far more limited after we land in Eugene and the family returns to Indiana. I am so excited to get to Eugene and begin life there. I'm so excited to reunite with my church family in Eugene and begin living into the mission of Jesus with them there. But man, it will be tough being away from my family whom I love so much. These last few days with my family have again reminded me how much I love them and and how grateful I am for their enormous investment into my life. I'm thankful that even despite the sadness of being thousands of miles apart from my family, we will still be united in our love for each other and our common heart and passion for the kingdom of God. I guess that's it for now....it's off to Eugene!

Clint

0 comments: