CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fight the fight

Too many times I find myself getting really excited about something, an idea or a real event, so I talk about it, live it, breathe it all in, and then lose the excitement down the road. Mostly it is because it takes a lot of energy and hard work to carry through what I was most excited for in the first place.

I just got back from Indiana last night. It was a whirlwind of a trip where I saw a lot of people in a short amount of time. It was really good for me, but I did find myself surprised by what I was telling people.

I am a verbal processor when I am with a small group of people. So if you already know me you know that I can talk your ear off. I found myself talking a lot about the church plant with my friends. The thing that surprised me was my realization that I was very apathetic in a lot of ways with where the church is. To me that's a very dangerous place to be and a really easy way for Satan to come on in and destroy my excitement and joy with the church plant. So as I was processing with some friends I shared that I didn't realize how hard it is to fight for what God has placed on my heart. He brought me out here to Eugene for a reason, didn't say it would be easy, but I was obedient in the calling and went. 4 months later I am in a very lukewarm place where I was fighting the fight for the church plant. I was really good at putting excuses into play to not fight. Such as I was too busy with choir stuff, school was crazy, and everything else. Truth is, we are all really good at hiding behind the core issue of what is really deep down inside of us. Mine was my time, selfishness, laziness to fight, etc.

So my prayer is to continue to dig down in my own heart the stuff that kept me from experiencing what God wants me to experience out here. I pray that I, as well as the whole team, will not stop fighting for why we came out here. It's easy to lose sight of that when you are in the midst of it.

Much love and happy new year!!
Stacie :)

0 comments: