CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

How I ended up in this deal



I'm watching Jack Van Impe (I mean there's not much on at 12:30 Sunday night) Sometimes I wonder what the "good tv christians" are doing and saying. You know the squeaky clean, white, married couples in slightly out of date suites rattling off verse after verse trying to convince people about Jesus. Nothing personal against them- I think they are trying to do good. But, I just.... they really just make me want to cry. Really- I mean, I think about how many people are out there who have no idea that there is a real God who knows and loves them, and loves them like no human ever has or will. This is a huge thing. And yet all most of them ever see of Him is random people on tv talking about a cross, blood, a manger, and spouting off verses left and right, saying they have all the answers. I see this and think about conversations I've had with people who have been hurt by the church- all of the "Christians" acting nothing like Jesus and I wonder, What chance do people have of meeting the real Jesus? It seems hopeless to me many days, if I'm honest. I know I'm supposed to say that through God anything is possible, and it is but I'm just tired of the same old answers that don't speak to the heart of my generation. Hell, I don't even know what a lot of Christians are talking about anymore. It sounds like a lot of people trying to make themselves sound smart when all it does is push people away.
I know that's incredibly simplified and generalized but I just sick of stupid crap getting in the way of people seeing God. Anybody with me? (I know you're out there!)
Love God.
Love people.
Seriously, let's do it.

-Cj

0 comments: