CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Beautiful Inconvenience


This weekend we took a camping trip and, by mistake, stumbled across an utterly breath-taking site. Initially we had set out to discover a spot that was suggested to us by someone else. In the process we found ourselves passing roads, making U-turns and wondering where in the heck this place could be. We of course had all the useful tools: maps, GPS system, and all things necessary to make you feel secure in an unknown place. But, even still we never found the place for which we’d set out. However, we did discover something more, something greater, something more beautiful than what we had imagined at the start of our journey.

I find such experiences popping up often in my life. I have a plan and begin to run myself ragged in pursuit when all of the sudden, when I feel completely of course, I am slapped in the face with His far more beautiful plan that leads me through a variety of different steps along the way (Proverbs 16:9). These steps are at first unwelcome and seem quite inconvenient; yet, in time, prove to be for my benefit and typically far beyond all I’d hoped and imagined (Ephesians 3:20-21). In the midst, I often find myself refusing to fully live into this truth (I’m sure no one knows what I’m talking about ;) ). I know it and want to believe it, but must also allow the process to take its course in my heart in order for the glory to go to God rather than…me.

I am beginning to listen to the subtle reminders to smile upon the unwelcome "inconveniences" and allow Him to free me from myself, my plan. It’s a lifetime commitment and process. But, worth it, no doubt.

Staci

0 comments: