CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Glimpse


Tonight, I saw Jesus smile at me. Well, not literally, well maybe literally. I mean, He wasn't next to me, I had my eyes closed. Actually, I will just try to explain it a little here. We had Church tonight and we began with some worship music. As the singing began I closed my eyes and pictured something. I caught a glimpse of what Jesus might have looked like in His candid times with His disciples. I pictured a man who loves His followers so much. And, for some reason, I pictured Jesus looking back at His Twelve as they walked behind Him and He was smiling, in fact, He is laughing. He is so happy that these men are walking with Him, that they decided to follow Him, listen to His message, and that they are prepared to share it with the world. Oh how I long for the day I get to sit and laugh with Jesus. He is my friend, just one of the guys, you know. But more than that, He is our Redemption. He has saved us all from our struggles, our trials, our complicated life. What joy we have because of Him! We are free because of Him! I often wonder what the scene would be like, being in His presence. What is great is that we are sharing in that now as His Church. Jesus, the man I see laughing, joking, and enjoying His time with the disciples is the same Jesus who eagerly awaits fellowshipping with us in Heaven. Man how my spirit longs for that day! But, I know that He wants me to carry out His teachings here in Eugene for now. He wants me to communicate to others His love, His desire to know them, and His character. I desire for people to see the Jesus I see. I see Jesus as someone who loves me dearly and wants more than anything for me to join Him at the Great Banquet. I feel like I am going to break into the classic Sunday school song,
"Jesus loves me this I know,
this I know,
this I know,
Jesus loves me this I know,
because the Bible tells me so."
Truly though, I know He loves me, not just because of the Bible, but also because in the moment of me closing my eyes, I catch a glimpse of Him looking back at me...smiling.

Derek

0 comments: