CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Roots

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water,
that sends out its roots by the stream.

It does not fear when the heat comes;
it's leaves are always green.
It has no worries in the year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

Oftentimes, when I find myself in a bit of a drought, I waste a lot of time in my own mind, in wonder, and in fear. I sit and wait, expecting an "ah-ha" moment to magically enter my thoughts. And, God is gracious enough to plant those thoughts, even in the midst of my distrust; but, sometimes I don 't recognize or receive it. I have recently found myself in this position. I've been sitting and waiting for an "ah-ha" thinking that it would come from my own thoughts and will power. At last it came. My big "ah-ha" moment came as a subtle reminder that being consumed by my own thoughts has never done me any good---perhaps I should seek my guidance, hope, and instruction from the Bible! AH-HA! God always speaks there, right?!

So, yet again, I have begun to seek rather than sit. And, the verse above is what I received. I suppose we've all found ourselves in some sort of drought. It can be so many different things and come in so many different ways. However, what's the same is that in the middle of the drought, God remains. He continues to have a plan; to pursue us and remain faithful. No matter how dry and desolate circumstances may seem, God is hope. He has always and will always remain a God of love and provision who truly desires the best for us all. He is trustworthy.

0 comments: